Tuesday, May 8, 2012

 Teens


 
My Rating:    (3/5 Stars)

A clean YA novel that was fun to read. There's enough magic and high school drama to keep things entertaining to the very end. 

Age group: 11-16 











Inspirational


My Rating: (4/5 Stars)

It was an emotional journey reading this book. Coming from a loving home, it was hard to imagine what her life was like. I think what was so appealing to me was that throughout the whole story, even when Ayse was retelling the dark parts of her life, there was always a peaceful/happy undercurrent to her narrative. She is now telling the story as a Latter Day Saint, so amidst the dark parts of her story she would say something like,
 " because of the gospel of Jesus Christ, I have come to forgive and be at peace with that part of my life."

It's a story of hardships and trials, but also one of forgiveness and love.




Romance


My Rating: (4.5/5 Stars)


This is one of those stories that I wish would be made into a Hallmark movie. I will definitely be adding this one to my personal collection. I love reading a CLEAN wholesome love story! I loved the characters, I loved the humor, and I loved the plot. The only problem with reading a good book like this, is that it sets the standard pretty high for the next book you read :)







No comments:

Post a Comment