Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Scents and Sensibility

Elinor and Marianne find themselves penniless after their father's fortune is taken away. As they look for ways to pay the bills, they encounter people who judge them and try to keep them down in the dumps. Add falling in love into the mix and determining who to trust becomes a mine field. Can the sisters find a balance between relying on their hearts and using good sense without losing everything they hold dear?


My Review:  (4 out of 5 stars)
I actually liked it! I usually don't like modern spin offs of Jane Austen movies. In fact, they usually annoy me. I love her stories in their originality and feel like it's just an insult to Mr Dracy or Elinore's characters when you try and modernize them. Why mess with a perfect thing right?

So it's probably a good thing I DIDN'T realize this was a modernized version of Sense and Sensibility until half way through the movie, or I would have missed out on a cute rendition of it. I'm still not sure why my brain didn't make a connection with the title...
Anyways...... the story, though similar to the original, was re-written and acted out pretty well so I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it.
In fact, I feel a girls night coming on!


No comments:

Post a Comment