Monday, January 9, 2012

The "BOM" of All Study Guides!

Alright, I've got a joke for ya...

When the Lamanites came to scatter King Lamoni's sheep at the waters of Sebus, Ammon was the only one brave enough to stand up to them.
So why did a whole group of Lamanites run away from one Nephite?
Because they were dis-"armed"
Why didn't they come back?
Because they were de-"feeted"

Get it? I hope so because that's all I got...

I am so excited to study the Book of Mormon this year! I LOVE reading this book, however I often find myself needing a little help with my scripture study. When I use a study guide I gain deeper insights and I feel like my scripture study is more sincere.

That's why we, at Boyd's LDS Books, want to share some of our favorite Book of Mormon study guides with you!
Cheryl
I particularly like "Unlocking the Book of Mormon" because it is a one volume commentary and even has space for you to write your own study notes.
It is a good mid-level study guide.


Mid level study guide: The newest commentary that I really like is "Verse by Verse Book of Mormon" by Ogden and Skinner. It is a two-volume commentary but not a set.



For beginner level, I would recommend "The Book of Mormon Made Easier" by David Ridges. It's great for new members or those who just find scripture study tedious and difficult to understand. It's one of our best sellers. It's a three-volume commentary but you don't have to buy them all at once.
For Companion or Family Study: "The Essential Book of Mormon Companion" takes each chapter of the Book of Mormon and gives a one page commentary and some historical info as well as the key doctrine taught in each chapter. I think this is an awesome book for couples or family study.

Other Books I like:


Michael

My recommendation for an in-depth study of the Book of Mormon is "Doctrinal Commentary on the Book of Mormon" by Joseph Fielding Smith and Robert L. Millet. I highly value the opinions of these two leading scholars. It has four volumes and includes the text of the Book of Mormon so it's not necessary to go back and forth between the commentary and the scriptures. Nearly every verse is studied; offering insights on customs, words from prophets, symbolism, connections to the Bible, moral implications etc. I think that you will find this series to be highly resourceful.

If you want to learn more about any of these books just click on them or click on the "shop" tab at the top of the blog.

In-store Promotion
Right now you can get the entire set of David Ridges "Book of Mormon Made Easier" Deluxe Edition for $89.95 (10% OFF), plus a free copy of "Mormon Beliefs".
This special offer will end Jan. 31, 2012.

Original price for both: $117.98
Sale price: $80.99

No comments:

Post a Comment